Content Creation and Blog Management
Owning a blog is an effective way of promoting your businesses ideas and products. Don’t we search for webpages when we are interested in a company? But using a blog to its fullest potential is not an easy job.
You can either create a blog for free (Blogger or WordPress are good options) or you can spend some money and get professionals to create a sophisticated blog for you. In any case, there are a number of strategies you can follow to optimize all the time and energy you invest in your blog.
At The Social Savior we recommend 3 practical steps in order for you to profit from your blog.
“Write something worth reading or do something worth writing” — That’s a Ben Franklin quote that can come handy for the process of content creation. The content of a blog is, after all, the blog in itself.
Below are a number of recommendations for you to consider about your blog’s content.
- Developing a Personality Around your Company’s Values
- Transmitting Positive Values
- Adding Links to External Pages of your Interest
- Addressing a Wide Audience
- Utilizing all Available Resources of the Digital Era
- Maintaining a Certain Publishing Regularity
- Thinking about the Interaction with the Reader – your content is Not a Monologue!
Above all, the most important thing that we recommend to our clients in terms of Content Creation is to KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid!
Manage Your Blog Effectively
If you want your blog to have a large number of readers, or to earn certain recognition, you are going to need to take blogging more seriously, and to another level. To achieve these goals, people have studied cases of accomplished bloggers and blogs.
We have learned much from them, and we have summarized it below for you.
- Publish Content Regularly – We have reiterated over this, but for a reason!
- Share Quality Content – Consider there are thousands of blogs out there with content similar to yours. Distinguish yourself by improving it.
- Write Attractive Titles
- Don’t Make your Posts too Short nor too Long
- Use Quality Images
A blog is relatively easy to create, and will supercharge your social media marketing efforts. It shouldn’t take much longer than a few days to have a good-looking blog. However, the hard part comes after this.
Make your Blog Attractive
Your blog’s aesthetics is important, there is no denying that. Naturally, a blog that looks appealing will attract more viewers: it will also increase the interest your viewers have on your posts.
Appearance is not all that matters, though.
Here are some of the pointers we follow for our clients’ sites:
- Speed Matters! – Use a Fast Loading Site
- Choosing/Creating a Blog Theme that adjusts to the image you want your business to show
- Choosing/Creating an adequate Template
- Writing Appealing Titles for your Posts – Very Important This!
- Using Quality Images for your Posts
- Writing Better, Not More
- Not overdoing the Ads
- Choosing Good Typography and planning how Colors influence readers
You might also want to change your blog’s look from time to time. It’s a way of giving your company a fresh new appeal.
A good blog with many readers requires constant attention, but it can be very rewarding, indeed.
Please call us at 1-888-414-6441 today to learn how you can use content marketing to grow your business.