Are you considering using Twitter marketing for your business? Good news – effective Twitter marketing does not require a lot of your time. Moreover, when you’re using Twitter, your posts can reach all of your followers.
More than 70% of social media users are more likely to buy a product or service from a small business that they are following on Twitter. This social media network is a remarkable platform for any kind of business. Moreover, there are easy Twitter marketing tips for dummies you can follow right away.
Learn How to Use Keywords in Twitter
Twitter search works differently than regular search. Follow these easy tips to find the right search results and to add relevant keywords to your tweets:
- Learn to use search operators
- Save searches based on a keyword or a phrase
- Search hashtag topics, current events and keywords relevant to your industry
- You should add keywords to your tweets to drive traffic to your company’s website. For instance, try a Keyword Tool by Google. It is free and easy to use. You can use keywords generated by Google Keyword Tool when you compose new tweets.
Using keywords in Twitter is crucial. This social media platform continues to grow in popularity, which is why it is important to pay attention to trends and to figure out what people are talking about, where your business fits into the conversation and what questions Twitter users are asking.
Reply to the Right Twitter Users
You will be surprised by the depth of the connection you can create in Twitter. Reply to the right Twitter users properly:
- Talk to people using @theirname when you want to communicate with a limited audience.
- Do not use usernames in case if you want to post content related to your product or service.
- There are many spammers and affiliate marketers that will follow you and write you on Twitter. Ignore them. Try to find people in your industry, location and who write relevant tweets.
- What do your potential customers want to know? What do they ask you? Inform, educate and entertain them.
Take Twitter with you everywhere to be able to reply to your customers and relevant followers immediately. Additionally, you can download an app to your mobile device and sign up for email alerts.
Analyze Your Data
As with any other social media marketing, it is important to track all steps of your campaign.
The tools below may help you to analyze your Twitter data:
- Use Twitter Analytics to measure and boost your marketing efforts on Twitter.
- Try Tweriod or Followerwonk. These tools can help you to track such things as the hours your followers are most active, geographic distribution and other data.
- Create an account in HootSuite. This tool can be free or paid, depending on the plan. It allows you to track relevant statistics, like mentions of your retweets and business, backlinks and other.
After some period of time, you will have a clear idea of what you are doing wrong and right and what changes you need to make in your Twitter marketing campaign.
Twitter is about figuring out what is going on right now. Many users return to Twitter’s page few times a day just to see what is trending. This makes Twitter marketing one of the most effective marketing tools to small business owners. Be yourself, value your customers, follow the recent trends and you will be able to get the most of this social media platform.
Latest posts by Andy Baxter (see all)
- Ditch Black Hat and Get Back to the Basics of Search Engine Optimization - March 2, 2016
- 5 Simple Online Marketing Hacks For Real Estate Agents - February 22, 2016
- How to Use LinkedIn to Market Your Business - February 17, 2016